Projects

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Masking Technique


Hello! I was so excited to be able to stamp today on my day off.  Today I will show you my favorite masking technique. This is so simple all that you need is a piece of scrap paper - we all have those, am I right? - your favorite stamp set & saying. 

Masking Technique
1.  Create the mask: I would stamp your sentiment / saying onto the scrap piece of  paper. You want to see how much room you need for your sentiment to look right on the card. Once you have decided on your border size, trim the mask with your stampin' up! trimmer

2.  Lay out your design: I chose my favorite flower set at the moment but you want something that looks good partially shown. Option 1 ~  Adhere your mask down with temporary adhesive (Dotto found at local walmart; or allow your 2 way glue to dry until its re-position - able)  Option 2 ~ The first time that I tried this, I simply weighed down the edges of the mask with stampin' up clear blocks. You have to watch yourself not to bump your work if you use option 2!

3. Stamp your flowers (or images!) around the mask, stamping over the mask. I would stick to three colors to keep the color scheme simple and lovely.  

4. Carefully remove your mask.

5. Stamp that sentiment that you had chosen for the mask on the blank spot created by your mask. It will look fantastic!




 I was not able to get to my photobox, but I promise a how - to will be ready for you shortly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment