Projects

Sunday, August 17, 2014

How do you create?



How do you create?  For me, I have to have a jumping off point. That's the print out you see on the top left table by the post it note. I don't have everything exactly like the first creator - but I substitute what I have to make something with similar color or style! When I create, there's half a dozen half baked ideas in my brain. Nothing truly comes together until the paper is being cut out.

Here is my work space. The bottom table pulls out for more room (great for scrap booking & piecing lay outs).  That top level is for my design and my stamp sets.  The lower shelf holds my envelopes, rulers and scrap paper for quick borders and layers. The top surface holds my embellishment sorter (with my basket of stampin' write markers!) my snail refill, my Stampin' Up! ink pad caddy and then my clear blocks & stampin mist. It is this chaotic when I create because everything has to be within reach. If I have to get up to head to another room, the idea is gone. That pile on the left is paper - yes, it is sorted by which project I am working on. That manilla folder holds pre - cut card bases which cuts down SO much on my time. I

The post it note & paper (torn out of my address book for some sketches on my lunch break at work) capture some shapes and ideas that I have. I get out my supplies when I get home and see whats feasible and what needs to be ordered to make things work out right.

Tonight, my inspiration was my new designer series paper. I opened it up intending to work on the Buffet cards. Once I saw the color and shapes, I re - worked my entire card line up for Monday. I just HAD to show off how versatile this Lullaby designer paper is. All is Calm DSP is just darling - and so easy to coordinate!

I may have some 2 A.M. cropping nights ahead of me but I will be so happy to show this cool paper to my friends on Monday!
These are some cards that I made this morning before work. The blue card is one that I sent as a 'thank you' for attending my card party. The purple one I sent to my parents for hosting us in Arizona a few weeks ago!  I am proud of this card because I designed it myself without CASEing it.  The card front is the new in colors - Blackberry Bliss & Lost Lagoon. The square of the polka dot DSP is layered over. The Summer Silhouettes - pg 108 - stamp set is used with Hello Honey, Mosy Meadow, Blackberry Bliss and Lost lagoon. I chose the background based on the prominent color on the stamp. I cut the stamped image with Ovals Framelets. The sentiment is from the NEW hostess set that you only get for hosting a party in august - good greetings. Silver 1/8 ribbon with a bow wraps up my feelings of gratitude :)

No comments:

Post a Comment