Projects

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Holiday Sneak Peek



Hello!

Here is a little something that I CASED (create & share everything!) from Patti (follow her here). I love this little bird from Beautiful Season but I don't like a lot of red on the holiday card which I am seeing around. Patti found the perfect solution - pairing it with Very Vanilla, Brown (I want to say Chocolate chip?) and the retired red designer series paper is a hit.  I don't have a stampin' spritzer that she used for the splatter on the card.  *Update*

I was going to use a splatter effect but I decided to build texture with dry embossing instead. Below is the first mock up of the card. I decided that it was a bit plain jane- great for a QUICK clean and simple card, but not the WOW I like in my holiday cards. I embossed the red layer for a more polished look that every card begs for. I'll get a finished photo up ASAP, but here's the first draft below.



No comments:

Post a Comment