Projects

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A creative day today

Hello,

Little reminder on what's going on with me for August:

August 18th 6 - 8 P.M. is a card party. FREE - nothing to bring :)

August 26th 4 - 8 P.M. is the Card Buffet (Cost is $5, paid by the 20th)
Choose from a wide variety of cards like a 'Buffet' meal - make as many of the cards that appeal to you. You do NOT make the cards that do not appeal to you. It is a little different than the party set up where every one copies my card and we make the same things. At the Buffet, you create the cards at your own pace with me on hand to show you how I created it. It's a great time to have fellowship with the girls and catch up on upcoming Birthdays or Holiday cards.

I hope that every one is doing well today. I had a wonderful time at the stampin' up! party last night. A friend invited two of her friends over and we had a great time making cards. It was the first time that I followed Stampin' Up! workshop template and it went really well! We had a drawing for who got the hostess benefits. The 'Good Greetings' stamp was a fun little incentive for booking a party in August.

I am hosting a party on August 18th where we will be making an embossed Christmas project and a project with the honeycomb folder. I am very inspired and narrowing down ideas for what we are going to make down to two projects was very difficult. In the end, I decided to have three make and take's for the 18th. I don't want to overwhelm any one and two is a good medium - you get to make two projects to take home and gain some experience. Sometimes you don't know if you like something - or don't like it- until its in your hand.

Tonight I narrowed down our Make & Takes to 3 projects.The first make and take is a very simple 'Merry' tag from the Snowflake Soiree in the carry over. It has some coloring with the Blendabilities & the Stampin' Write markers - I love coloring!

The second involves embossing. An attendee mentioned that she has some embossing gear and she doesn't know how to emboss. I think that the embossed look is so classy for Christmas. The third project is the Honeycomb embossing folder for the Bigshot! I absolutely love how versatile this little folder is. Pair it with the right embellishments and it can be masculine or pretty.

I attended my upline's card class today. She shared some *great* templates with me. She is an amazing woman who is advocating for me to copy her designs. This woman does her own designs for all of her cards. She is a true inspiration to me.  My favorite card of June's card class is a 'spotlight' that she did with Briar Rose. Briar Rose is a great stamp set but it gets only 2 cards on the Stampin' Connection.  The Stampin' Connection is a resource for demonstrators- demonstrators share their own work so that other demonstrators can 'CASE' - Create And Share Everything.

June made a very simple card to create that packs a 'WOW'. I am going to put my own twist on it and bring it to the Stampin' Up! Card Buffet that I am hosting on the 26th.


No comments:

Post a Comment