Projects

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cards from Card Class

Last night was my first card class!  I recovered from the fact that I had ordered the wrong sized oval punch and had to create another card last minute.

The technique for this card class was water coloring & blending with Aqua Painters and Blender pens. I also gave a glimpse of how to emboss.

To kick us off with water coloring we began with 'Thank You' from Easy Events. I used the Indigo Island spot print from Festival of Prints and Indigo Island paper over a Pool Party Base. The ribbon embellishment is daffodil delight.


I originally only had the bow, but the guests liked adding the strip of ribbon on the 1st layer.  The Merry Christmas card is from Easy Events as well:
I am now working on cards with the rest of the 'Easy Events'.  I will photograph the cards for the next two events before the events, I hope!

The next two events are a 'Free Stamping Day' on Sept 11th where attendees bring their own projects and ideas. I will have one idea on hand and some finished cards. The next card class is Sept 28th!
What are your thoughts on these cards?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having your first card class. Really pretty cards, and great job with the watercoloring. What a great stamp set for so many occasions too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eileen. Thank you for the compliment. I hope to have a watercolor class with the other events from this set soon. Perhaps not with the same people, it may seem redundant :) Thank you for coming by the blog!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne, Great cards and I love this stamp set! I don't have it yet, but it's on my wish list! :)

    Not sure if my last comment went through. I'm not sure it did (and it was quite lengthy). I wanted to see if you would be willing to send me your email address to stuckonstampin@hotmail.com so that I am able to answer your questions you have left on my blog, Stuck on Stampin'. This is the easiest way for me to reply to comments on my blog and your email doesn't seem to be connected to your blog.

    Hope to hear from you soon!!

    ~Heidi at Stuck on Stampin'

    ReplyDelete