Projects

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Holiday Home Cards


Hello! I hope that today finds you well. Today I am sharing two cards from my favorite new stamp set, holiday home. You can find this set on page 16 of the Holiday Catalog from Stampin' Up!
Holiday Home Bundle

This was my first polymer stamp set and I love how the clear stamps let me see exactly where I am stamping. Look at the trees in the first picture- I could line up the leaves for perfect placement. In these cards I took advantage of the Homemade Holiday Framelets bundled with Holiday Home for a 15% discount.  I simply cut out house shapes using the framelets and used Snail and Dimensionals to layer the homes onto the stamped focal point.

The first card is a quick & easy card. 1) I stamped the two trees in Memento black ink. 2) Using Pumpkin pie ink pad, I stamped onto the trees 3) I returned to the left most tree and 'stamped off' the leaves into a sweeping motion above the trees. I only re - inked the leaves stamp four times, creating a lighter leaf color for some of the leaves.
4) I cut Basic Black card stock with the Home Made Holiday framelets Dies ( $21. 95  135857)  and mounted them right to the stamped card stock. I used dimensionals for the second house.
5) I stamped 'happy halloween' in pumpkin pie from the Good Greetings set that you can ONLY get from a qualifying party.

Simple! What's your favorite halloween candy? I think I'll glue a piece inside this card!

No comments:

Post a Comment