Projects

Thursday, September 27, 2012

The first card that I designed for card class


Today I am preparing for my first card buffet. A card buffet works just like a Chinese restaurant buffet - you choose only what you want from a wide variety of Chinese foods. For my card buffet, I am going to offer at least 10 varieties of different cards. The attendees can pay a flat rate of 10$ for 5 cards and simply make additional cards for 2$ each.  I'm doing this largely because I want people to create what they love - cards that they are proud to give away.  I tend to have themes for my parties - as the last one was Patio Party.  What if someone hates Patio Party?  The night is sort of rubbish for them.

As I prepare, I am pulling out my first creation, the Thank You card using the Easy Events stamp set.

This picture is only of the card front (for my how to post which you can find here ) yet it gives you a clear view of the card. The base is embossed with clear embossing poweder with only the floral aspect of the stamp.  We place the dots indigo paper from the stack in the Holiday Mini, emboss hearts on some indigo and then place our watercolored image over it.

 I truly liked the coloring aspect of the card.  The guests enjoyed choosing different variations of colors. One guest drew grass with a marker around the sentiment, another did dots to indicate seeds. The act of being creative with the card was fun and I think that will shine in card buffets. There is also the idea of 'party in a bag' where someone can take the cards (placed in bags) and host their own parties. Sort of trying on the demonstrator hat without shelling out the cash first. Going to give it a whirl, see how it goes. Pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment