Projects

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Scrapbook plans

 The baby has decided that he only wants to nap 20 minutes at a time, so getting snapshots of the scrapbook layouts when I'm home alone with him hasn't been working.  It is the husband's weekend so I hope to get some snapshots of the hybrid scrapbook that I am making. 

 Hybrid because half of the items are Project Life which has the neat little divided pockets that I will fill with the journal cards and half will be traditional 12 x 12 pages. Now I've never had much luck on scrapbooks- I tend to give up. so far I've been using washi tape to lay out possible layouts- its hard without having photos to use. Sadly I don't have many pictures of family. 

Here are 2 of the samples of the project life 12 x 12  that has inspired me 



I have downloaded some layout samples from Pinterest- one of the biggest compliments that I received as a Stampin' up! demo was how creative I am. Yet most of my projects were CASEd from Stampin up! samples.  I am trying to use the layouts as a jumping off point.  I am sticking to clean and simple layouts like the one below.


I challenged myself to only order three items from Stampin' up! for my scrapbook. I already possess one set of 12 x 12 Project Life pages, one set of 12 x 12 whisper white sheets, one set of 12 x 12 subtles sheets, the baby boy project life kit and various designer paper from 3 years of demonstratorship.  I chose to buy a pack of 12 x 12 page protectors, a pack of whisper white paper and Subtles Designer series paper stack.  That came to $46.00 yet due to my discount as a demo, I paid $36  (you can sign up under me to earn two free stamp sets in your starter kit for one more day!)


I ordered some prints of Jason's birth and the visit from my sister/ brother in law & niece the month after Jason's birth as the focus point of the first pages.  I ordered mostly 5x6 but also a few 4x4s to try a row of three smaller pictures alongside a larger picture. I hope to get that scrapped tomorrow- keep an eye here for pictures!
If you are interested in buying any stampin' up you can do so for one more month here
Happy stamping! 



No comments:

Post a Comment