Projects

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Envelope Punch Board & Scalloped Tag topper

I can not wait for tomorrow to arrive. (Technically it has, it's 2 A.M.!)  Tomorrow before the end of day, UPS is bringing my latest order from Teresita's party. Within are two treasures that I have been saving for - the envelope punch board and the scalloped tag topper.

The envelope punch board has it's own video that you can see here:
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryID=1854

I for one, can not wait to use it to create custom pockets for my scrapbooks and one of a kind gifts. Can you imagine a perfectly sized little gift card holder? I also want to make an itty bitty envelope to hang from gift bags. That way the gift bag can be re - usable and you could even include little tags as a thoughtful idea for your gift recipient! I always re - use bags. Go green! Some of the photo ideas on Pinterest

http://www.pinterest.com/jlfstudio/envelope-punch-board/


Tags brings me to the other thing that excites me - the new punch that I ordered (link below)
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=133324

I do not make my purchases willy - nilly. I am a hobby demonstrator whose saving to buy a new house, so every dollar that I have has a job to do. My dollars are invested well in this punch! I have seen photos of using the tag to create miniature gift boxes, card and box closures, book marks and of course, tags.


 I plan on having a DIY handmade Christmas gift exchange this year and this tag punch will be the star.  There is something so appealing about the scalloped shape of the punch. I know that I will be playing with these all week long!

Zoo Babies stamp set is another obsession of mine this week. I will be making all sorts of experiments with these three new additions to my collection, so peek back for tips & projects!

For those of you worried about the dimensions of envelopes, I found this that I plan on utilizing:
http://craftdoc.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2013/10/24/tutorial-stampin-up-punch-board-card-boxes/

No comments:

Post a Comment