Projects

Sunday, October 2, 2016

I'm so happy to have found clothing that I can sew




I picked up some cheap patterns at Goodwill and was immediately humbled while I laid out those tissues with the patterns.  The patterns use terms that I have to look up & check my Youtube videos on.  Anyone with a baby knows that you don't have a lot of time when you have two hands to yourself to cut, piece & sew, so a night of research just to get to sewing was not how I wanted to spend my night.

I looked online in my Facebook group, Just Sew, and I found someone posting about Patterns for pirates

Check out the pretty Patterns

It sounded a bit too alternative for me, but I was shocked to find something adorable and 'me' right on the first page.  I joined the Facebook group Patterns for Pirates Sewing PDF Pattern Group and was welcomed in with open arms and encouragement about my first sewing for me project. Turns out that they had just the thing- the pinned post shares a code for a free pencil skirt and 'peg legs' leggings! I was shocked and excited.  I watched the video on how to sew the peg legs (you know me and my Youtube tutorials! ) and I was thinking 'you know, I can do this'.



Husband pulled out my mom's vacation sewing machine that does straight stitch and I'm going to sit down and practice some straight stitches. While at the Goodwill, I picked up a bag of linens for $2 - some really cute patterns and solids in there. I'll practice making cloth napkins & place mats while I decide on what sort of pattern I'll make first, peg legs or a pencil skirt. I'll be buying fabric - brushed poly- next week, so check back to see what comes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment