Projects

Friday, May 7, 2010

Bluebell Tutorial

Blue bell tutorial! These are stitches using a lazy daisy stitch. I like to think of them as 'sideways' lazy daisy stitches. The book that I learned from said to stitch downwards, but my daisies look horrible stitched downwards. I always pull the ribbon through to the front of the fabric, then make a little 'c' loop with the ribbon before placing the needle and pulling the ribbon through.

^ You want a nice curl like this to the ribbon. You'll want to try to get a little upturned curl on the end, if you can. Once the 'c' is made, you want to bring your needle up very close to the upturned 'c', careful not to pull the ribbon and pull the 'c' through. You'll be placing the 'straight stitch' part of the lazy daisy right over that curl.

Like so ^ I usually do under, it doesn't matter as long as you tack it.

You then bring the ribbon up so that you'll place a second loop right next to the first, going the opposite direction. I cheat and use my thumb to lay the ribbon where I want it, then nudge it over with a needle for the lazy daisy straight stitch.

Tada! I don't know why this is sideways, but there's a bluebell! Congrats!

Let me know if you have any questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment