Projects

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

My family has been essentially locked down since March. My young son went from library visits and park play dates to only Mommy and Daddy, and he has had some adjusting. With being homemaker, preschool teacher and mommy, my me time vanished. It was the same for my husband.  I quickly found that without a creative outlet, I did not feel like I was at my best.

My first thing was to share what I like. Drawing, stamping, working with color and sharing cards and creations are what I love. I showed my son some things I stamped, and loved watching which things he liked. He loved some colors. He figured out what they were for and would tell me 'cousin Shae' if a card was meant for his cousin, or 'Auntie'. My mother sent him a Melissa & Doug stamp set and took off. I soon taught him how to use my cling and photopolymer stamps on blocks

We create cards and strips of paper with his favorite colors and shapes. It has really helped us be calm while in isolation. It gave him inspiration to read as well. I had been struggling finding a way to connect letters with reading for him.

Several times a week, my husband watches Jason while I go into the office. It is where my husband works and where my craft table and craft items are. I love to create and brain storm in there.  I send out several cards a week to family and friends. I have found with this pandemic, reaching out to people is very important to me. I hope to brighten people's days with a handmade card just for them!

Today I decided to blast my creativity block with something new. I opened Pinterest and saw a color combination that I loved. I didn't have the Distress ink or some of the tools used, so I looked at what I had and adapted. I created a few tags based on what items (stamp sets and embellishments) fit on my half of the table.  Jason loves to create, and I leave a station set up with his construction paper and bin of crayons and markers.

Here are a few things I created and am sending out tomorrow.





This is the Bloom with Hope Stamp and Petite Petals Stamp set with some subtles paper. I also used a thinlet from a sizzix product. I will get the name if any one would like to know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment